(RADIATOR) Radiator Static and Dynamic IP's in the same realm

Shon Stephens sstephens at corp.goamerica.net
Wed May 16 11:32:18 CDT 2001

I am doing the same kind of setup. Since all of my users gain access
through the same NAS, I use different <Realm> for dynamic and static
ip users. user at realm for dynamic and user at static.realm for static.
For the static users, I just use an <AuthBy SQL>, but for dynamic
user, I set and AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept. I then use <AuthBy
SQL> to authenticate the user followed by <AuthBy DYNADDRESS> to
assign an ip address from and SQL database. If your users use
different NAS's you could use a <Handler> instead of different
realms. There may also be a cleaner  way.

Shon Stephens
sstephens at corp.goamerica.net