(RADIATOR) stupid question ,-)

neil d. quiogue quioguen at hk.psi.net
Wed May 16 05:05:16 CDT 2001

Hello,

* For the shared secret thinggy *

I'm not perfectly sure of this response but a client with no shared secret
in the RADIUS server would be silently discarded.  This is due to the way
RADIUS works as the authenticator packets would be needing the shared
secret.  So if you would be needing a response from the RADIUS server
without a secret, you won't get it.

Note: Just correct me if I'm wrong.

* For the monitoring of RADIUS *

http://www.netplex-tech.com/software/nocol/

Or use NetSaint plus its radius plugin which uses Lars Fenneberg's
radiusclient (http://www.mcs-cityline.net/~lf/radius/).  (Or create a plugin
for radpwtst).

Regards,

Neil D. Quiogue