(RADIATOR) duplicate Radius identifiers

Zuidema, H. h.zuidema at kpn.com
Wed May 16 05:08:19 CDT 2001

Hi,

We are using Radiator as a proxy server. Our customers (ISP's) generally
have more than one service. We implemented one realm per service with an
<AuthBy RADIUS>  clause. This does not seem to work correctly, probably
because the IP-address and port of the same host is configured in more than
one AuthBy clause. Every now and than we see requests with the same
identifier almost simultaneously going to the same host from different
AuthBy clauses. Our guess is that when this happens Radiator no longer can
match request and reply correctly. The only solution we could think of is to
create only one AuthBy clause for every destination and use regular
expressions for the realms (not yet tested). Is there another way to solve
this problem? Should this problem not be mentioned in the manual?

Cheers, Hylke Zuidema

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au