(RADIATOR) DSL authentication queuing

Andy De Petter adepette at krameria.net
Wed May 16 01:27:42 CDT 2001

Janet N del Mundo wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> Can I run multiple instances of "restartWrapper" on the same machine?
> Because I'm planning to run 2 Radiator processes on the same machine on
> different auth/acct ports to alleviate the DSL problem below.
>
> Thanks!
> Janet
>
> Hugh Irvine wrote:
>
>>Hello Janet -
>>
>>I would run a seperate machine and/or instance of Radiator to run the DSL.
>>
>>hth
>>
>>Hugh
>>
>>On Monday 14 May 2001 18:09, Janet N del Mundo wrote:
>>
>>>Hello everyone,
>>>
>>>Anyone out there having problems with authenticating customers AFTER a
>>>Nortel Shasta (DSL) reboots?
>>>
>>>The problem that I am having is that when the Shasta reboots, DSL
>>>customers that are trying to re-login are over populating the
>>>authentication/accounting ports on the server.  When I do a 'netstat
>>>-na', the ports are overwhelmed with queued processes.  Thus affecting
>>>our regular dialup customers.  To alleviate the queued process, I
>>>comment out the 'client clauses' that accept requests from the Shasta
>>>for about 15-30 mins and restart radiator.   When I do this, our dialup
>>>customers can login.  After 15-30 mins, I put back the client clauses
>>>and restart radiator.  The queue builds up and authentication is still a
>>>bit slow, but it's authenticating both DSL and regular dialup
>>>customers.  Is there a better way to solve this 'congestion' with DSL
>>>customers?
>>>
>>>BTW, we're re-selling DSL so I don't know when the Shasta re-boots or
>>>goes down.
>>>
>>>I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions!
>>>TIA,
>>>Janet
>>>
>>--
>>Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server
>>anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows 95/98/2000, NT, MacOS X.
>>-
>>Nets: internetwork inventory and management - graphical, extensible,
>>flexible with hardware, software, platform and database independence.
>>===
>>Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
>>Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
>>'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.

Yes, you can run as much as you like. :)

-a

--

      Andy De Petter             _,'|            _.-''``-...___..--';
    Skynet  Operations          /, \'.      _..-' ,      ,--...--'''
                               < \   .`--'''      `     /|
   Tel +32 (0)2 7061311         `-,;'              ;   ; ;
   Fax +32 (0)2 7061312    __...--''     __...--_..'  .;.'
                          (,__....----'''      (,..--''
*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which
is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and
are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use
of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any
form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au