(RADIATOR) Time & Session-Timeout

Mariano Absatz lradius at pert.com.ar
Tue May 15 16:47:27 CDT 2001

Hi,

I would like to do the following.

Suppose I have a dial-up product that allows a user to connect only in a
certain block time AND also has a maximum hours per month.

For instance, he can connect Mon-Fri 8-20 and Sat 8-13 but no more than
20 hours per month.

I would have a TIMEBLOCK column in that user database with the following
content:

"MoTuWeThFr0800-2000, Sa0800-2000"

(btw, does the weekday support ranges also, like in "Mo-Fr0800-2000,
Sa0800-2000"?)

The TIMELEFT column would have the seconds remaining for this user.

What I want is to set Session-Timeout to the minimum of "until Time" and
TIMELEFT.

But... :-) ... I also want to be able to have a value (in the db column)
to ignore either or both:

Example database:

username,password,timeleft,timeblock
john,secret,7200,"MoTuWeThFr0800-2000, Sa0800-2000"
paul,xxxx,-1,"Wk0800-2000, Sa0800-2000"
mary,abcd,-1,"Al0000-2400"
jane,wxyz,126000,"Al0000-2400"

being, -1, for instance, an indicator that the user has unlimited monthly
connection time (but maybe subject to timeblock restrictions).

In this example database john has 2 hours left and can only log on
weekdays from 8 through 20 and saturdays from 8 through 13.

paul can log in during the same periods but has no total time
restrictions.

mary has no restrictions at all

jane can log in at any time, but she has only 35 hours left.

Questions:

1) can I do this weird thing somehow simply? (I already read
goodies/blocktime.txt, but this is way more complicated, is it?) (note: I
could, if necessary, use a "very large value" to indicate
timeleft=infinity, but I'd rather have a more visual and checkable value,
like -1).

2) is the timeblock "Al0000-2400" acceptable?

3) are overlapping timeblocks acceptable? (e.g. "Wk0800-1700,
MoWeFrSa1500-2000")

TIA.

Mariano Absatz
El Baby
To define recursion, we must first define recursion.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au