(RADIATOR) AuthyByPolicy

Chris Cronje - MWeb ccronje at mweb.com
Tue May 15 14:54:47 CDT 2001

Hi There

I was wondering if anyone has done this before ?
I'm using Radiator to authenticate off another Radiator server, like a
proxy. If the radius server fails, I want my proxy to mark the server dead
for 10 minutes and then continue to the next Authby clause, which is AuthBy
FILE.

What happens in practise is that if my proxy receives a timeout, it
retransmits once, marks the server dead for 10 minutes and then says:

Tue May 15 21:53:41 2001: INFO: AuthRADIUS could not find a working host to
forward to. Ignoring

But, it never goes to the next AuthBy statement.

Am I doing something wrong in my config here ?

<Realm DEFAULT>
AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilIgnore
     <AuthBy RADIUS>
         Host x.x.x.x