(RADIATOR) Cisco AS5300 preauthenication for GSM

Erik Wirring ew at trimble.dk
Tue May 15 04:15:10 CDT 2001

Hi!

We use a Cisco AS5300 and a Radius server for connecting costumers on GSM
modems to special software running on a server. Authencicaton is done solely
on the Clid (GSM no.) by preauthensication.
The critical part of the configuration file look something like this:
******************
.
ip host LHOTSE01 9001 192.168.34.105
ip host LHOTSE02 9002 192.168.34.105
.
aaa authentication login GPSuser none
aaa authorization exec GPSuser group radius if-authenticated
aaa accounting exec default start-stop group radius
aaa preauth
 group radius
 clid required password *****
.
isdn switch-type primary-net5
chat-script offhook "" "ATH1" OK
.
radius-server host 192.168.34.104 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server retransmit 3
radius-server key AS5300
!
line con 0
 transport input none
line 1
 script modem-off-hook offhook
 login authentication GPSuser
 modem InOut
 autocommand  connect LHOTSE01
 transport input all
line 2
..
**************************
and that works ok.
What I want is to let the connection be controled by the Radius server by
something like this in the userfile:

12345678 Password = "******"
         cisco-avpair = "preauth:service-type=1",
         Login-IP-Host = 192.168.34.105,
         Login-Service = TCP-Clear,
         Login-TCP-Port = 9016,

and I am uncertain is how to configurate the AS5300.
Would somthing like this work:

line 1 60
 script modem-off-hook offhook
 login authentication GPSuser
 modem InOut
 transport input all

instead of the 60 seperate line definitions?

--
Best Regards

Erik Wirring
Chartered surveyor,