(RADIATOR) Proxy RADIUS config problem w/ RADIATOR (need help)

Jared Reimer jared at theriver.com
Mon May 14 15:22:22 CDT 2001

Hello.

I am evaluating Radiator and thus far, am very impressed.  What an
improvement over Livingston RADIUS 2.1 this seems to be!

However, I am having the following problem with Proxy RADIUS.  We see a lot
of this in the third-party RADIUS server's logfiles, but get no valid replies:

>Wed May  9 15:33:43 2001: requester address mismatch: 63.211.219.163 !=
>216.AAA.BBB.CCC
>Wed May  9 15:33:43 2001: Authenticate: from 216.AAA.BBB.CCC - Security
>Breach: testlogin

(Note that AAA/BBB/CCC were changed.)

Here is the weird part:  When I use Livingston RADIUS 2.1 instead of
Radiator [on my end], it works fine!  In other words, something about the
way RADIATOR is talking to the other RADIUS server appears to be bothering
it.  I am using the radpwtst tool to generate test RADIUS auth requests, if
that matters.  Note that the 63.211.219.163 IP address is not even mine --
I have no idea where that came from!

Any ideas as to what might be causing the above problem?

FWIW, my RADIATOR config looks like this.  It's pretty straightforward

<Handler Called-Station-Id=/123456.../>
         <AuthBy RADIUS>
                 Host remote.radius.server.com
                 Secret shared_secret
                 IgnoreReplySignature
         </AuthBy>
</Handler>

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

-- Jared

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au