(RADIATOR) log files behavior

Mariano Absatz lradius at pert.com.ar
Wed May 9 13:00:46 CDT 2001

Hi,

wrapping up my messages of the last days, I see two (somehow) weird
things happening with the logs.

1) As I noted in a message exchange with Hugh (cc: the list) a couple of
weeks ago, <AuthLog FILE> is not working. The file isn't created at all
(and Radiator has sufficient permissions since a <Log FILE> in the same
directory IS created.

2) It seems there is a different behavior between the global LogFile and
the <Log FILE>.

I usually have <Log FILE> somehow "fixed" in the standard "production"
logging level (usually 2 or 3, depending on our customer desires), and
the global Trace set to 0. When I want to do some debugging, I change the
global trace to 4 and check the global LogFile.

However, when an error is produced while Radiator is starting (like, for
instance the Oracle error I get when I do a kill -HUP, the global log
goes to "%L/logfile"... (btw LogDir is not /var/log/radius, so it's not
the default)... also, LogFile is set just below LogDir, so variable is
already setup (since the log goes to $LogDir/logfile and not to
/var/log/radius/logfile.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au