(RADIATOR) kill -1 radiator / logfile name

Mariano Absatz lradius at pert.com.ar
Tue May 8 15:16:17 CDT 2001

Mike,

coming back to a subject from a couple of weeks ago...

El 24 Apr 2001, a las 10:25, Mike McCauley escribió:

> Hello Mariano,
>
> Looks like the main problem left is that when you do a kill -1, some of the
> loggers stop?
>
> This problem was fixed recently. You need to ge the new Log.pm from the 2.18
> patches area.
It wasn't this one... at least not only... it might have to do with the
<ClientListSQL> statement... the error now is coming from there... I
won't bother with the complete config file but, the relevant section is:

<ClientListSQL>
# Client (NAS) info is in the database

    include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/DBUseData.cfg

    GetClientQuery  SELECT  \
            NAS_IDENTIFIER, NAS_SECRET, \
            NAS_IGNOREACCTSIGNATURE, NAS_DUPINTERVAL, \
            NAS_DEFAULTREALM, NAS_TYPE, NAS_SNMPCOMMUNITY, \
            NAS_LIVINGSTONOFFS, NAS_LIVINGSTONHOLE, \
            NAS_FRAMEDGROUPBASEADDRESS, NAS_FRAMEDGROUPMAXPORTSPERCLAS, \
            NAS_REWRITEUSERNAME, NAS_NOIGNOREDUPLICATES, \
            NAS_PREHANDLERHOOK \
            FROM NAS_SERVICIO_CALIDAD

</ClientListSQL>

now, when I send a kill -HUP, I get the following in the logfile (and in
STDERR, I don't know why, maybe DBD sends it's output there? can that be
changed?)

Tue May  8 16:59:29 2001: NOTICE: SIGHUP received: restarting
Tue May  8 16:59:29 2001: ERR: Execute failed for 'SELECT
NAS_IDENTIFIER,
NAS_SECRET, NAS_IGNOREACCTSIGNATURE, NAS_DUPINTERVAL, NAS_DEFAULTREALM,
NAS_TYPE
, NAS_SNMPCOMMUNITY, NAS_LIVINGSTONOFFS, NAS_LIVINGSTONHOLE,
NAS_FRAMEDGROUPBASE
ADDRESS, NAS_FRAMEDGROUPMAXPORTSPERCLAS, NAS_REWRITEUSERNAME,
NAS_NOIGNOREDUPLIC
ATES, NAS_PREHANDLERHOOK FROM NAS_SERVICIO_CALIDAD': ORA-03113: end-of-
file on c
ommunication channel (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute/Describe)
Tue May  8 16:59:30 2001: INFO: Server started: Radiator 2.18.1 on mr-visp
Tue May  8 16:59:36 2001: NOTICE: SIGTERM received: stopping
Tue May  8 16:59:39 2001: INFO: Server started: Radiator 2.18.1 on mr-visp

as you see, stopping and starting doesn't produce any errors...

BTW, if I have a <ClientListSQL> and I change that table contents, will
Radiator notice that at the following packet? that is, does Radiator do a
select when it starts or for every packet or what? if it is "static"
(i.e. it only reads it at startup) does a kill -HUP re-reads it? (is the
bug here, by chance? ;-)

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au