(RADIATOR) hangs

Kitabjian, Dave dave at netcarrier.com
Fri Jun 29 11:17:16 CDT 2001

OpenLDAP does not react very nicely to garbled data in Usernames; in fact,
it hangs. And it can even hang Radiator, even though I don't exactly
understand how that interaction between Radiator and the LDAP server works.

The solution for us was to use a RewriteUsername to throw out characters in
the Username except for ones we're expecting. Sometimes binary junk comes in
as the Username from noisy phone lines, and that will filter out the junk. A
similar solution is to use an early Handler to REJECT any authentication
requests with garbled characters in the username.

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au