(RADIATOR) md5 encryption

radiator at int.ch radiator at int.ch
Thu Jun 28 23:59:47 CDT 2001

Hi,

I had a similar problem, and then realized that the column
I had defined in my db was a couple of bytes too short to
hold the entire md5 password.

Mickey

At 06:08 29-06-01, Separovic, Jason wrote:
-----Start of Original Message-----
I'm having a problem with authenticating md5 encrypted passwords.

Here is my config :

<AuthBy SQL>
        # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
        DBSource        dbi:Pg:dbname=radiusdb
        DBUsername      postgres
        DBAuth          password

        RejectEmptyPassword

        AuthSelect select ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD,CHECKATTR,REPLYATTR from
SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME='%U'
        AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
</AuthBy>

I'm getting the following message - "Access rejected for user: Bad Password"

ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD is $1$<md5 encrypted password>

I don't know what I am missing.

-----End of Original Message-----

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au