(RADIATOR) Working with Cisco IVR

Kitabjian, Dave dave at netcarrier.com
Thu Jun 28 14:37:08 CDT 2001

Hmm. I don't think there was anything too complicated about setting up the
Gateway to do the IVR part. But I didn't do that part :) I handled the
Radius part. That was a little tricky. For the IVR script that we chose on
the Gateway, it works like this:

1. Phone call comes in
2. Before the IVR says ANYTHING, the IVR does PRE-authentication to RADIUS,
using User-Name = <CallerId> and Password = "".
3. If that authentication passes, then the IVR asks for the destination
number and the call is placed. But if the authentication fails, the IVR asks
for the Account# and PIN, and then does the SECOND RADIUS authentication,
using User-Name = <Account#> and Password = <PIN>. Assuming the second one
passes, then the call is placed.

To handle both cases, we put the following hook in the main <Client> clause:

        # Get the decoded password from the input packet and add an
attribute
        # to the input packet if it is blank. Set the decoded password equal
        # to the user name attribute.
        PreHandlerHook sub {if (${$_[0]}->decodedPassword() eq '') \
                {${$_[0]}->add_attr('ANI-No-Pass', 'true'); \
                ${$_[0]}->{DecodedPassword}
=${$_[0]}->get_attr('User-Name');}}

and then we use two Handlers for the two different cases:

# Handler for BLANK password
<Handler ANI-No-Pass = true>

        AuthBy LDAP_AUTH_NO_PASSWORD

</Handler>

# Handler for "catch-all"
<Handler>

        AuthBy LDAP_AUTH

</Handler>

Then, in LDAP_AUTH AuthBy we have:

        UsernameAttr     uid
        PasswordAttr      pass

whereas in the LDAP_AUTH_NO_PASSWORD AuthBy we use:

        UsernameAttr     uid
        PasswordAttr    uid

It works quite nicely. If there's a smoother solution, I'd love to know of
it!

Dave