Fwd: (RADIATOR) Quoted and escaped password

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Jun 27 17:56:25 CDT 2001

Hello

On Jun 27,  5:34pm, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> Subject: Fwd: (RADIATOR) Quoted and escaped password
>
> Mikey -
>
> Could you help on this one please?
>
> ta
>
> Hugh

> >From: <talist at vif.com>
> >To: <radiator at open.com.au>
> >Subject: (RADIATOR) Quoted and escaped password
> >Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:13:54 -0400
> >Sender: owner-radiator at open.com.au
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >I would like to add the definition of a variable that would provide the
> >quoted and escaped password returned from the NAS.
> >Something similar to %0 (for username) but for returned passwords in the
> >AuthSQL context.
> >Could someone tell me where is the %0 defined in the radiator perl modules.
> >The current %P (decrypted user password) is fine but my custom update query
> >is failing whenever the dialin user is sending quotes.

The replacement of %P is done by Radius::Util::format_special.
%0, %1 etc is also replace by Radius::Util::format_special, but with
contect-dependent data passed by the caller.

It is usual to use the DBI quote function to quote and esacpe SQL strings.
It would be possible for you to add another argument to the call to
format_special in Radius::AuthSQL::findUSer so that the quoted password was
available as %1

Hope that helps.
Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au