(RADIATOR) Dual accounting

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Jun 22 03:19:19 CDT 2001

Hello Chris -

At 2:01 PM -0700 6/21/01, Chris Sellers wrote:
>I am running Radiator on BSDI4.1. I have the accounting logging to a
>file via AcctLogFileName in the cfg. We use a billmax billing system
>that needs this information sent to it, to be added to its db. Can I
>fork the accounting so that it will send the info to Billmax AND
>keep logging to my files?

This is very easy to do. Depending on how you want to send the data
to Billmax (you can either proxy or write directly to the database).
Either way you just need to add a second AuthBy module and handle
authentication and accounting differently. Something like this:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy ....>
	Identifier NormalAuth

<AuthBy ....>
	Identifier SendToBillmax

# configure Handlers

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
	AuthBy SendToBillmax
	AcctLogFileName ....
</Handler>

<Handler>
	AuthBy NormalAuth
</Handler>

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.