(RADIATOR) Lost Stop Records

Scott Robinson robinsos at cybersurf.net
Tue Jun 12 11:13:38 CDT 2001

Hi:

We're currently experiencing a 30% to 50% loss of stop records.  We have
45 NAS's (Cisco 5300's and Cisco 5800's) with three different telco's.
We've determined that stop records are being lost on all 45 NAS's. We
end up with a lot of orphaned records in our RADONLINE table as a result
of the lost stop records.

Our radius accounting server is on a separate machine with lots of
horsepower (running > 80% idle).  I've checked our logs (Trace level 4)
and there are no errors in processing the stop records it does receive.
Anybody know of anything I can check before I try bugging the telcos
(Dealing with Canadian telco's makes the Middle East peace process look
like a walk in the park).  I know I can place a snooper to see if the
packets are being received but we process +500,000 logins per day.  If I
am forced to go to the telcos, is there something I can specifically ask
them to look for?

--
Scott Robinson
System Administrator