(RADIATOR) Oracle stored procedures

Viraj Alankar valankar at ifxcorp.com
Fri Jun 8 09:12:53 CDT 2001

Hello,

	We were having some difficulty using Oracle stored procedures with
Radiator (and DBI in general). Maybe some of this is helpful to others,
but we found that we couldn't use 'exec' in the DBI query. It seems 'exec'
may be something specific to Sqlplus, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, we wanted
our AddQuery for SessionDatabase SQL to call a stored procedure. The only
thing that worked was similar to the following:

AddQuery BEGIN my_procedure('%n', ...); END;

We had also used a stored procedure in an AuthBy SQL that took the
username as argument and returned the password:

AuthSelect select validate_password(%0) from dual
AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check

dual is an Oracle builtin junk table that always returns the row you
selected for.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has some other suggestions I'd be
interested.

Viraj.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au