(RADIATOR) Reliable accounting?

Mariano Absatz lradius at pert.com.ar
Fri Jun 1 16:47:06 CDT 2001

Hi Mike, Julio

I guess I don't fully understand what's beeing discussed.

Mike, how do you expect to do reliable UDP between Radiator and "something-
else", this being a NAS, or a proxying or proxied Radius server, when you can
only change Radiator?

Or is there something called "reliable radius udp" that I don't know of? In
this case, do you have a reference I can glance on? (RFC, I-D, whatever on-
line docs?)

I have the same problem as Julio (and I guess, from the same source ;-).

I'd really LOVE to have accounting records reliably delivered to my Radiator,
but every time there is a problem with the NAS, I loose packets... (problems
include "partial" failures, software patches and other oddities), and NO, I
don't have access to the NAS.

The network in question is wholly owned by my client and, although I have
seen malformed packets on the wire (not specifically Radius), I guess the
main culprit of packet loss is not the network per-se but the NAS...

El 1 Jun 2001, a las 12:20, julio.prada at bt.es escribió:

> Hello Mike,
>
> We have serious problems with acct. requests that are lost.
>
> Actually we use scripts made by us to check really-used ports and delete
> incorrect entries in RADONLINE table.
>
> The frequency of the executions of these scripts is high. And they use
> radpwtst to correct bad entries in RADONLINE. So extra traffic is generated
> to maintain a reliable information about accounting.
>
> We are the carrier and we're very interested in solving this problem. So if
> you want, we could collaborate in testing any development about this theme
> in our laboratory as a 'friendly customer'.
>
> regards,
> jules

Mariano Absatz
El Baby
Question: If someone with multiple personalities tries
to commit suicide, do the police consider it a hostage
situation?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au