(RADIATOR) Global RADMIN accounting for abuse tracking

Miguel A.L. Paraz map at internet.org.ph
Wed Jul 25 23:33:46 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 11:14:26AM +1000, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> On Friday 20 July 2001 19:53, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I tried AcctLogFilename and it works inside <Realm>.
> > It does nothing when placed outside.
> > Is this the correct behavior?
> > I want one file to log to regardless of realm.
> >

> This is the correct behaviour. You have to specify the AcctLogFilename in
> each Realm or Handler (you can use the same file however).

Thanks, here's more detail on what I want.

I find that a plain text AcctLogFilename generates too much detail.  I only
need the username, Framed-IP-Address, Calling-Station-ID and time stamp -
enough to identify security/abuse violations.  For speed of lookups, I would
like it to be in a SQL database.  I need an interface where complaints can be
looked up by our security team, and will also take SpamCop mail as input.

My RADMIN and others are already using MySQL.  From my reading archives I
find that <AuthBy SQL> will do the logging.  But, don't want to auth since
my incoming RADIUS requests are either local via RADMIN, or proxied.  What
is the invocation to do SQL accounting only?

Can I use <AuthBy RADMIN>, and the AccountingTable, even for proxied requests?
If so, I think the way to do it for proxies is:

<AuthBy RADIUS>
  Host ...
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy RADMIN>
  AccountingTable RADUSAGEPROXIED
  AcctColumnDef ...
</AuthBy>

How do I make the <AuthBy RADMIN> be called only for accounting?

Thanks, and I think this should be useful for everyone who proxies to servers
not under their control but have to be responsible to the community for
spam complaints and security incidents.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au