(RADIATOR) Auth By Emerald Question

Todd Dokey tdokey at inreach.com
Tue Jul 24 10:34:07 CDT 2001

I noticed the SQL query in the authenticator for Emerald looks at the
sa.login or the sa.shell fields in the SubAccounts table.

Question:

If I have a login say of "fred" in the sa.login field, would it be okay to
stuff the realm login into the Shell field?  We don't issue shell accounts,
so it would be a fairly simple query (we use the ma.Referredby field to
determine various acquisitions we have done) -so parsing the realm this way
would be easy.

So if sa.login = "fred" and sa.shell = "fred at domain.com" would this solve
realming without having to set up a handler for a realm?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au