(RADIATOR) PreHandlerHook in ClientList SQL

Griff Hamlin griff3 at quik.com
Wed Jul 18 13:11:58 CDT 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to convert my client list to an SQL table called Clients.
I only need three fields, the client_ip, secret, and a PreHandlerHook.
In my regular client list that I used to have in the radius.cfg file,
the line looked like this:

<Client 127.0.0.1>
   Secret mysecret
   PreHandlerHook sub { ${$_[0]}->add_attr('Router_Group','home'); }
</Client>

My question is, what part of this PreHandlerHook line do I need to put
in the prehandlerhook field of my SQL table? Do I need all of it from
sub through the ending brace or just from ${$ through the last )? I have
tried both ways so far and received the error:

Wed Jul 18 12:05:29 2001: ERR: Error in PreHandlerHook(): Can't use
string ("${$_[0]}->add_attr('Router_Group") as a subroutine ref while
"strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Radius/Client.pm line 338.

Thanks for your help.

Griff Hamlin, III

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au