(RADIATOR) performance on SPARC III?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jul 5 03:18:49 CDT 2001

Hello Swee-Chuan Khoo -

Nice to hear from you again - hope you are well?

In answer to your question, the configuration you describe below will
undoubtedly be rate limited by the LDAP server and the accounting
server.

In any case, I did some tests myself last week on a SUN Enterprise
250, with Radiator, radpwtst and mysql all running on the same box
and I got around 90 requests per second. Your target of 150/sec
sounds achievable, but as I say, you will likely find that your
limits are imposed by the LDAP server and the accounting server.

When you get some numbers from your testing I would be interested to see them.

BTW - you should run Radiator with the trace -1 option, and radpwtst
with the -notrace option when doing testing.

best regards

Hugh

--

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au