(RADIATOR) IP Pool

Chairath K chairath at lensodatacom.co.th
Tue Dec 25 22:22:54 CST 2001

Hello Hugh,

Our system will connect a new NAS , but this NAS is not smart enough  to choose IP Address from correct IP Pool by looking at "realm". As a result, we will decide to config Radiator to handle it .

Well , I try to look at section 6.46 in Raidator 2.18.2 reference manual, but I can't find the way to use "AddreeAllocator SQL" and  "Authby DYNADDRESS"  with our "AuthBy RADMIN" clause in config file

So how can I config radiator to handdle IP Pool like these

user at test1 will get ip pool1
user at test2 will get ip pool2

Pool1
subnetmask 255.255.255.0
Range 192.1.1.1 192.1.1.50
Range 192.1.1.60 192.1.1.120

Pool2
subnetmask 255.255.255.127
Range 192.2.2.62 192.2.2.99

Regards,
Chairath

P.S. Our system is running with Radiator 2.18 and Radmin 1.4

Foreground
LogStdout
LogDir  d:/Radiator-2.18/log
DbDir  d:/Radiator-2.18
LogFile %L/logfile-%d-%m-%Y

# Dont turn this up too high, since all log messages are logged
# to the RADMESSAGES table in the database. 3 will give you everything
# except debugging messages
Trace 4

# PreClientHook to add NAS-Port attribute
PreClientHook file:"%D/addNASPort"

# You will probably want to change this to suit your site.
# You should list all the clients you have, and their secrets
# If you are using the Radmin Clients table, you wil probably
# want to disable this.
#<Client DEFAULT>
# Secret mysecret
# DupInterval 0
#</Client>

# You can put additonal (or all) client details in your Radmin
# database table
# and get their details from there with something like this:
# You can then use the Radmin 'Add Radius Client' to add new clients.
<ClientListSQL>
 DBSource dbi:ODBC:Radmin
 DBUsername xxx
 DBAuth  xxx
</ClientListSQL>

#<AuthBy RADIUS>
# Identifier ProxyTofunk
# Host 10.2.0.6
# Secret test
#</AuthBy>

#<Realm funk>
# strip Realm
# RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
# AuthBy ProxyTofunk
#</Realm>

<AuthBy RADMIN>
 Identifier RADMINAUTH
 # Change DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth for your database
 # See the reference manual. You will also have to
 # change the one in <SessionDatabse SQL> below
 # so its the same
 DBSource dbi:ODBC:Radmin
 DBUsername xxx
 DBAuth  xxx
 DateFormat %e %m  %Y %T

 #AuthSelect select PASS_WORD,STATICADDRESS,TIMELEFT,MAXLOGINS from RADUSERS
where USERNAME='%n' and BADLOGINS < 10 and VALIDFROM < %t and VALIDTO > %t

 # You can add to or change these if you want, but you
 # will probably want to change the database schema first
 AccountingTable RADUSAGE
 AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
 AcctColumnDef TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
 AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause,integer
 AcctColumnDef FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
 AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
 AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-IP-Address
 AcctColumnDef NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
 AcctColumnDef DNIS,Called-Station-Id
 AcctColumnDef DATE,Timestamp,integer-date
 # This updates the time and octets left
 # for this user
 AcctSQLStatement update RADUSERS set
TIMELEFT=TIMELEFT-0%{Acct-Session-Time},
OCTETSINLEFT=OCTETSINLEFT-0%{Acct-Input-Octets},
OCTETSOUTLEFT=OCTETSOUTLEFT-0%{Acct-Output-Octets} where USERNAME='%n'

</AuthBy>

<AuthBy GROUP>
  Identifier WithIdleTimeout
  AuthBy RADMINAUTH
 # These are the classic things to add to each users
 # reply to allow a PPP dialup session. It may be
 # different for your NAS. This will add some
 # reply items to everyone's reply
 AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
  Service-Type = Framed-User,\
         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
         Framed-Routing = None,\
         Framed-MTU = 1500,\
  Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,\
  Idle-Timeout = 600,\
  Class = %{NAS-Port}
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy GROUP>
  Identifier WithOutIdleTimeout
  AuthBy RADMINAUTH
 # These are the classic things to add to each users
 # reply to allow a PPP dialup session. It may be
 # different for your NAS. This will add some
 # reply items to everyone's reply
 AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
  Service-Type = Framed-User,\
         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
         Framed-Routing = None,\
         Framed-MTU = 1500,\
  Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,\
  Class = %{NAS-Port}
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy FILE>
 Identifier TimeZone
 Filename %D/adsl.users
</AuthBy>

<Handler Request-Type=Accounting-Request>
 AuthBy RADMINAUTH
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=hz.qnet>
 AuthBy TimeZone
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=qnetcorp>
 AuthBy WithOutIdleTimeout
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=qnetoffice>
 AuthBy WithOutIdleTimeout
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=o64.qnet>
 AuthBy WithOutIdleTimeout
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=o128.qnet>
 AuthBy WithOutIdleTimeout
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=o256.qnet>
 AuthBy WithOutIdleTimeout
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=o512.qnet>
 AuthBy WithOutIdleTimeout
</Handler>

<Handler>
 AuthBy WithIdleTimeout
</Handler>

# Handle User with NO Realm with RADMIN
#<Realm>
# AuthBy RADMINAUTH
#</Realm>

# Handle everyone with RADMIN
#<Realm DEFAULT>
# AuthBy RADMINAUTH
#</Realm>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
 # This database spec usually should be exactly the same
 # as in <AuthBy RADMIN> above
 DBSource dbi:ODBC:Radmin
 DBUsername radmin
 DBAuth  radminpw