(RADIATOR) CHAP vs. PAP

Griff Hamlin, III griff3 at quik.com
Tue Dec 11 18:26:39 CST 2001

Hello all,

I have a question regarding CHAP and PAP password authentication. All of
our routers use PAP, but now some managed modem companies here are
wanting to use CHAP. As far as I can tell from reading through the
Radiator docs, it doesn't seem to care (using AuthBy SQL). Is this
correct? If Radiator doesn't care whether it is using CHAP or PAP, can
anyone tell me what part of the chain would (dialup computer, modem,
NAS)?

Thanks for any help you can give on this matter.

Griff Hamlin, III

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au