No subject

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Fri Dec 7 09:43:50 CST 2001

First off, I'd like to mention my positive experience with Radiator...it's
simply fantastic. We've been using a highly hacked 2.15 for almost two
years. I'm now in the process of starting from sratch with a new server
(now FreeBSD, old server was a sparc20), with more agressive goals in
terms of SQL integration and management. We used to use FreeTDS to do the
rudimentary stuff required for sticking auth logs in the MS-SQL 7 based
Platypus. On the new server, I used openlinks package...very nice. If
you're trying to do ODBC from an x86-based Unix client to a Windows-based
DB, openlink is definitely a solid solution.

Anyways, going from 2.15 to 2.19, there are tons of new features.
However, one feature I remember I wished I had last time I was deeply
involved in radius (2 years ago), was the ability to call an external
script for NasType...we have an Assured Access NAS (similar to the TNT or
CVX), and I had to hack up a crazy snmp script to extract current
usernames from it (they don't return the usernames in text, but instead in
a funky hex that has to be decoded).  It was too ugly to submit. I would
much rather have made that an external program. I still have to port that
up, and I'd like to make it an external app. For some reason the generic
distribution radius.cfg (long version) mentions a NasType of Other, but
says "not implemented yet". Any idea when this will in place?

Thanks,
Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au