(RADIATOR) SQL Accounting, without Auth

Andy Coates andrew.coates at carrier1.net
Thu Dec 6 05:23:31 CST 2001

Hey,

I'm taking over a system which currently runs Radiator, who's job
is to simply log accounting requests.

Its a very simple config, which basically has:

<Realm>
	AcctLogFileName /path/to/my/file
</Realm>

What I'd like to do is log to an SQL server instead, which is fine
if I have an <AuthBy SQL> section with AccountTable defined, but
since I'm not Authenticatng it doesn't want to take notice of it.

I read the mailing list archives and did come across a similar
thread which talked about multiple accounting types - but in the
scenario used various Auth types.

It did mention however that if you did have an AuthBy but used
the option "AuthSelect" without any parameters it would ignore
authentication - but would it still use the AccountingTable?

My config as it stands is:

<Realm>
        AcctLogFileName /path/to/my/file

	<AuthBy SQL>
        	DBSource    <details>
                DBUsername  <user>
                DBAuth      <pass>

                AuthSelect
                AccountingTable accounting
                AcctColumnDef   timestamp,Timestamp,integer
                AcctColumnDef   type,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef   session,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef   online,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef   nas,NAS-IP-Address
                AcctColumnDef   caller,Calling-Station-Id
                AcctColumnDef   calling,Called-Station-Id
	</AuthBy>
</Realm>

Would this setup therefore log accounting requests to the SQL server,
even if its doing no authentication? Or am I going about this the
wrong way entirely? :)

Cheers,
Andy.

Andy Coates, IP Systems Engineer       e: andrew.coates at carrier1.net
Carrier1 UK Ltd, London Docklands      w: http://andy.carrier1.net
"I don't have to f***ing impress you"  t: +44 207 001 6879
   -- Stewie, Family Guy
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au