(RADIATOR) slightly OT: SMTP relay module

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Tue Dec 4 17:01:24 CST 2001

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 jlewis at lewis.org wrote:

> We have the same problem (missing accounting packets from certain areas)
> with a different ports provider...or maybe it really is the same one,
> though we're not usign them as iPass.

Are you using Gric?

> We went with the smtp-after-pop solution.  If you were to have radiator
> generate syslog messages for successful auths, you could modify poprelayd
> to do both smtp-after-pop and smtp-after-radius, but I'm not sure I'd
> bother with the latter if it's not going to work all the time.

Ideally, my comrade here will have smtp-auth working soon :)  If I could
trigger somehow on auths, that would be interesting, but I don't think I
have the user's IP until I get the accounting packet, which I often don't
get.  Argh.

And again, any pointers to a good roaming ports provider with "no minimum"
pricing, would be great!

Thanks,

Charles

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au