(RADIATOR) RADIATOR (freebsd install)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Dec 3 16:38:18 CST 2001

Hello Rick -

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:31, Rick Ross wrote:
> yes logged in as "root"
> here is what has been done
> put Radiator-2.19.tgz in /usr/local/src
> extracted file  cd /usr/local/src/Radiator-2.19
> perl Makefile.PL    (ok)  make test (ok)   make install (looked ok)
> found radiusd in /usr/bin   looks like radiusd is trying to call its files
> from
> /usr/local/etc/bin

The radiusd server, by default, looks for its configuration files and so on
in the directory /usr/local/etc/raddb. This can be overridden by setting the
DbDir parameter in the configuration file and using the "-config_file ..."
command line argument like this:

	"radiusd -config_file /etc/radiator/radius.cfg ......"

You can of course use whatever directory structure suits.

You should have a look through the Radiator reference manual which is
included in the file "doc/ref.html" in the distribution, and also have a look
at the example configuration file "radius.cfg" and the other examples in the
"goodies" directory.

As mentioned in my other mail, I usually skip the "make install" and then use
fully qualified path names in my startup scripts and so on.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au