Second copy of Accounting Data (was RE: (RADIATOR) Connecting to MS SQL 2000)

Jamz at AirNet.Com.AU Jamz at AirNet.Com.AU
Thu Aug 30 18:11:09 CDT 2001

Hugh and List,
	I have resorted to running Radiator locally on the SQL 2000 Server
with ActiveState Perl and DBI::ODBC.

Works very well! - and not surprisingly the database access is fast :)

Our existing Radiator server is running on a linux box and talking to a
PostgreSQL database on another machine, but we eventually want to move over
to the new server.

We have our new database structure in place but to begin the software
development cycle it would be really great to have a second copy of all the
accounting records flowing into the SQL 2000 database as well as our
exisiting PostgreSQL database.

Is there anything I can do to the Radiator config on the production machine
to get it to forward a copy of all the accounting radius packets to the
second server?

Cheers,
	Jamz.

Radiator
> on W2000k using DBI:ODBC and then proxy from Radiator on the Linux host to
> Radiator on the W2000k host.
>
> hth
>
> Hugh
>

> On Wednesday 29 August 2001 12:05, Jamz at AirNet.Com.AU wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
> >             We have been using Radiator on Linux for a while now,
> > connecting to a PostgreSQL server and everything has been great.
However
> > we are now moving to MS SQL 2000 in line with upsizing of our operations
> > and I was wondering if anyone out there had any recommendation as to how
> > get Perl DBI connectivity to MS SQL 2000.
> >
> > I have already tried:
> >             DBI:MSSQL
> > DBI:Sybase + FreeTDS
> > DBI:ODBC + Merant's Sequallink
> > DBI:ODBC + Openlink
> >
> > And can get none of them to work - however Merant's Sequalink seems the
> > most promising as it says that it can verify the DSN okay, However
DBI:ODBC

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au