(RADIATOR) co-locating Radiator

Andrew Kaplan noc at cshore.com
Thu Aug 30 14:15:12 CDT 2001

We are planning to move our NAS server to a colocated facility. We are using
Rodopi for billing. I would like to keep the Rodopi box in my office and
setup Radiator at the co-lo facility. However, for reasons of speed I want
the authentication of occur locally.

Below is a snippet from radius.cfg. My plan (unless someone has a better
suggestion) is to have Rodopi ftp a flat users file to my Radiator server at
the co-lo facility. I still need Rodopi to read the data for on-line usage
info. Is it as simple as deleting the first section of "AuthByPolicy
ContinueUntilAccept" and just leaving "<AuthBy FILE>"

<Realm cshore.com>
#	AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept

	AcctLogFileName %L/%Y/%m/%d-details
        <AuthBy RODOPI>
                DBSource        dbi:Sybase:server=AbacBill
                DBUsername      rodopi
                DBAuth          rodopi
        </AuthBy>

	<AuthBy FILE>
		Filename /etc/acctmgr/users
	</AuthBy>
</Realm>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
	DBSource dbi:mysql:Radius
	DBUsername Radius
	DBAuth KnubbyDo
	AddQuery \
		insert into Sessions (UserName, NASIdent, NASPort, \
		SessionID, TimeStamp, FramedIPAddress, NASPortType, \
		ServiceType) values ('%n', '%N', %{NAS-Port}, \
		'%{Acct-Session-Id}', %{Timestamp}, '%{Framed-Address}', \
		'%{NAS-Port-Type}', '%{Service-Type}')
        DeleteQuery \
		delete from Sessions where Username='%n' and \
	NASIdent='%N' and NASPort=%{NAS-Port}
       ClearNasQuery \
		delete from Sessions where NASIdent='%N'
        CountQuery \
		select NASIdent, NASPort, SessionID from Sessions \
		where Username='%n'
</SessionDatabase>

Andrew P. Kaplan
Network Administrator
CyberShore, Inc.
http://www.cshore.com

"I couldn't give him advice in business and he couldn't give me
advice in technology." --Linus Torvalds, about why he wouldn't
be interested in meeting Bill Gates.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au