(RADIATOR) User-Password

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 28 02:45:22 CDT 2001

Hello GwangHee -

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 11:02, GwangHee Yi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an authentication question.
>
> We want to use prepaid card.
> I want to authenticate the user by calling card ID, PIN number and balance.
>
> How can I do that with Mysql Database.

The first thing you will have to do is set up a database to hold your user
information, including the user names, addresses, etc. for billing purposes,
as well as the card number, PIN, account balance and so on. You will
obviously also need some sort of administrative interface to handle all of
your customer management requirements. Note that this part of your
infrastructure is independent of Radiator and the radius protocol in general.

Once you have the database issues resolved, then you will need to issue the
card numbers to your customers and instruct them to use the card number
instead of the more usual username, together with the PIN number instead of
the more usual password.

Then, the Radiator configuration is quite straightforward, with an AuthBy SQL
clause that will look up the card number and PIN number in the database and
do all of the usual things that Radiator does (authentication, authorisation
and accounting).

This topic has also been discussed a few times on the mailing list, so have a
look at the archive and do a search.

	www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au