(RADIATOR) NAS-Identifier value

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Mon Aug 27 08:04:56 CDT 2001

Hi,

for what I understand of the standard (RFC2865 section 5.32) the NAS-
Identifier attribute is an arbitrary string used to identify the NAS.

However, when I put a simple string in a <ClientListSQL> it complains that it
can´t resolve an address for it.

I had something like this:

<ClientListSQL>
# Client (NAS) info is in the database

    include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/DBUseData.cfg

    GetClientQuery  SELECT  \
            NAS_IDENTIFIER, NAS_SECRET, \
            NAS_IGNOREACCTSIGNATURE, NAS_DUPINTERVAL, \
            NAS_DEFAULTREALM, NAS_TYPE, NAS_SNMPCOMMUNITY, \
            NAS_LIVINGSTONOFFS, NAS_LIVINGSTONHOLE, \
            NAS_FRAMEDGROUPBASEADDRESS, NAS_FRAMEDGROUPMAXPORTSPERCLAS, \
            NAS_REWRITEUSERNAME, NAS_NOIGNOREDUPLICATES, \
            NAS_PREHANDLERHOOK \
            FROM NAS

</ClientListSQL>

The message in the log is:

Sat Aug 25 12:07:40 2001: ERR: Could not resolve an address for Client CPM1
Sat Aug 25 12:07:41 2001: INFO: Server started: Radiator 2.18.2 on radius1

However, in the database, NAS_IDENTIFIER is a common name (in fact, it's the
table's id field) and I have a NAS_IP_ADDRESS field.

Re-reading the manual, I see there is no place to hold the NAS-IP-Address...
should I use NAS_IP_ADDRESS as the first field in the query?

All the fields ar taken "in order"? that is, it works as if it had an implied
"ClientColumnDef" or something like that?

TIA.

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby