(RADIATOR) Ericsson GSN for GPRS

Ingvar Berg (ERA) Ingvar.Berg at era.ericsson.se
Thu Aug 23 01:33:44 CDT 2001

Hello Harrison,

I have a GGSN parameter list from a lab setup we did early this year:

APN : ucb.gsn.lkp
Number of Configured APNs : 3
First Supported IP Segment : 172.44.220.0
GGSN IP Address : 172.44.220.254                  // Not so brilliant
 choice... Last Supported IP Segment : 172.44.220.0 // More segments in
 reality Netmask : 255.255.255.0                                    // - " -
Authenticate MS Using RADIUS : true      // Yes
Send MSISDN in Access Req. : true        // Yes
Send MSISDN in Accounting Req. : true     // Yes
Primary RADIUS Server Address : 192.168.240.12
Primary Query Time-out [ms] : 3
Primary Query Retries : 10
Primary Encryption Key : thesharedsecret
Origin of MS IP Address : RADIUS                   // Yes
Allow Select from SGSN : false
Allow Select from Subscription : true
Allow Select from User : true
Enable Ingress Filter : false
Routing Method : IP

The RADIUS client in the GGSN has a couple of annoying problems, at least the
 version we did the work on: - It doesn't include the Framed-IP-Address in
 accounting stop
- It has a binary value for session ID (4 bytes GGSN IP address + 4 bytes
 Framed-IP-Address)

The first one is a serious one, that has to be handled, or your address
 allocator will run dry. Hugh's suggestion was to use the Class attribute to
 put a copy of the allocated IP address when you send the access accept
 (AddToReply...). Then when the acct stop comes, you pick the IP address from
 the Class attribute if Framed-IP-Address is missing.

Sample code:
    # Handle Accounting-Requests.
    # Make sure there is a Framed-IP-Address in the request
    # (from the contents of the Class attribute).
    elsif ($code eq 'Accounting-Request')
    {
        my $address = $p->get_attr('Framed-IP-Address');
        if (!defined $address)
        {
            # Get the IP address from the Class attribute
            $address = $p->get_attr('Class');
            $p->add_attr('Framed-IP-Address', $address)
                if (defined $address);
        }
        #  Print a debug line
        &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "Framed-IP-Address = $address");
    }

That's about all I can come to think of right away, pls feel free to come
 back to me if more questions pop up.

Ingvar Berg
Software System Engineer

Ericsson Radio Systems AB
Center for Wireless Internet Integration
P.O. Box 1885, Teknikringen 8, SE-581 17 Linköping, Sweden
Phone/Mobile: +46 13 322287, Fax +46 13 322025