(RADIATOR) authenticate using NASPort

Levent Sarikaya levents at de.colt.net
Sat Aug 18 05:28:15 CDT 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a Radiator server for  DSL service.  We want to
authenticate our users based on the NAS-Port that the ERX sends.
Therefore, I would like to compare the NAS-Port sent by the ERX with the
NAS-Port contained in my SQL database. How can I do that within an
AuthSelect statement ? Here is my current config file where I
"hardcoded" the NAS-Port for test purposes.

I think it shouold be a kind of "set username = nas-port", maybe a pre
auth hook?

I am running Radiator 2.18.2 with a mysql database on a Solaris E220
running Solaris 8. The NAS equipment is a Unisphere ERX.

Do you have any idea ?

config:

<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy SQL>
                DBSource dbi:mysql:Radius
                DBUsername XXXX
                DBAuth XXXX
                AuthSelect select t1.FramedIPAddress,
t2.VirtualRouterName, t3.ATMServiceCategory, t3.ATMPCR, t4.FramedRoute
from Se
rvicePVCs AS t1, VirtualRouters AS t2, ServiceClasses AS t3, FramedRoute
AS t4 where t1.NASPort = '540147746' AND t1.VirtualRouter =
 t2.VirtualRouterId AND t1.ServiceClass = t3.ServiceClassId AND
t1.ServicePVCId = t4.ServicePVCId

# I would like to replace the hardcoded NAS-Port (i.e. '540147746' by
the actual NAS-Port that the ERX sends me)
                AuthColumnDef 0, Framed-IP-Address, reply
                AuthColumnDef 1, Unisphere-Virtual-Router, reply
                AuthColumnDef 2, Unisphere-Service-Category, reply
                AuthColumnDef 3, Unisphere-pcr, reply
                AuthColumnDef 4, Framed-Route, reply
                AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP
        </AuthBy>
        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
        AcctLogFileName %L/acct/%Y-%m-%d-details
</Realm>

solong.....Levent