(RADIATOR) MySQL connection failures, dead logs

Alexey Korchagin rc5 at buzuluk.ru
Mon Aug 6 04:11:39 CDT 2001

Hello Miguel and all other.

MALP> ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with DBI->conne
MALP> ct dbi:mysql:radmin:localhost, root, PASSWORD:  Can't connect to local MySQL ser
MALP> ver through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
MALP> ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database. Request is ignored. Backing off for 600 seconds
In begin of my work with Radiator and MySQL I was delete mysql.sock
and get same result that you describe. Only re-install of mysql fix
this problem that time.

But in next time I use mysql_install_db and it too fix problem :)))
So, you just must try. In other case, when you re-install mysql you
can add your bases and it's will be work :)))

MALP> However, command-line 'mysql' works properly.  Is this a permissions problem?
MALP> I did a search for the error and it says it could mean we hit a MySQL
MALP> connections limit, or kernel file descripors.  If that's the case, why does
MALP> 'mysql' still work.

MALP> Also, independent of this, I find that /var/log/radius/logfile stops logging.
MALP> Only killing radiusd and restarting makes it continue.  The file has not
MALP> yet reached any ulimit size.

MALP> Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,