(RADAR) Re: Radar

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Sun May 5 05:47:58 CDT 2002

Hi Ashley
On Fri, 3 May 2002 16:53, Kent, Ashley wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I've tested the patched makefile.pl and radar.bat on a couple of virgin
> WinNT installs. Works like a charm now. Thanks.

Great.

> Now on to the next thing. I want to authenticate Radar connections using
> AuthBy NT. So in my radiator config file I have:
>

> <AuthBy FILE>
> 	Identifier Radar-Users
> 	Filename ./Configs/Radar-Users.cfg
> </AuthBy>
>
> <Monitor>
> 	AuthBy Radar-Users
> </Monitor>

Radar+Monitor needs an AuthBY that has plaintext passwords (this is becasue
Radar use CHAP authentication).

I have made some changes to the Radiator manual to make this requirement more
obvious.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X etc etc
===
Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radar/
Announcements on radar-announce at open.com.au