[CATOOL] Batch submission of requests

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Jul 14 02:30:24 CDT 2008

Hello Jon,

On Friday 11 July 2008 20:16, Jon Nicholson wrote:
> With the introduction of firefox 3 we need to generate a lot of
> certificates for systems that have previously been using self-signed
> certificates (we have an unlimited license for catool)
>
> As the number of certificates runs to hundred I need a quick way of
> importing all the requests, is there a batch tool available for doing
> this or should I look into writing one?

There is an command line import tool at /usr/local/catool/bin/import. however
it can only import one certificate at a time. You will prob need to wrap it
in another tool to call it multiple times.

Usage is:
import [--overwrite] [--no-key] [--passphrase=key_passphrase]
[--owner=username] cert_file [key_file]

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP, TNC, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco etc
on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.