(CATOOL) when do I get certificate that I requested

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Tue Mar 13 06:27:56 CST 2007

Hello Jerry,

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 19:15, jchoi at safenet-inc.com wrote:
> Hello, I successfully installed CATool on my linux server.
>

> I logged in to http://ip/cgi-bin/catool/ <http://ip/cgi-bin/catool/>  page.
>

> I requested 2 certificates (one by CSR, one by filling form) and I see
> those 2 are on the list of pending requests.
>

> 1)    When can I get those certificates? How long does it take?

The certificate requests are stored inside CATool until a CATool 'Signer'
signs the requests. When the request has been signed, the completed
certificate can be collected from CATool by the original requester.

To Make a person into a signer, log in to CATool as a CATool administrator
(initally the user 'catool' is an adminstrator), click on 'User
Administration', click on the Modify button next to the user whom you wish to
become a signer, enable the Signer checkbox, enter your password and click
'Save Changes'.

Now, whenever the signer logs in, click on 'View Pending Requests', and the
signer will then be able to sign any pending requests. The requester wil lbe
automatically notified by email if possible.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS, NetWare etc.

--
Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/catool/
Announcements on catool-announce at open.com.au