(CATOOL) CATool question (HA, MySql, enrollment, template, ...)

Palmira Miriam Pilia palmira.pilia at datamat.it
Fri Mar 17 05:52:32 CST 2006

Hi,
We are proposing an 802.1x platform to one of our customer. We wish to
suggest a solution based on Radius Radiator and your CaTool PKI solution
(at this moment for machine certificates only).
The platform should be linux based and in a high availability
configuration.
Anyone know if the CATool has the technical features that we describe
above?
- Certificate enrollment via web browser, web provisioning
functionalities and configurability;
- "template" customization;
- high-availability functionalities;
- MySql integration.

About the high-availability functionalities, anyone could you give us
some suggestion on the better solution to adopt in this context?
The two solution are:
1- have the only one CA server on Red Hat cluster, or
2- implementing three CATool servers, one root CA (that can be forever
in stand-by) and two subordinate Ca that are operational.
There is any other solution?

Our interest is in implementing an external workflow system that can
automatically generate a certificate request to the CA, so we need a
mechanism to integrate our workflow with the CA:
Is there any way to do this?

Do the DB MySql contain the certificate issue? Is it possible to choose
that the DB MysSql run on another server?

Thank you

Palmira

--
Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/catool/