[RADIATOR] Mod Authby SQL Query

Gabe Carmichael Gabe at lksd.org
Tue Jan 9 05:09:20 UTC 2024

Good evening,
I am hoping to get some help on a setup that we have had running for years
without much trouble. All the sudden after having some issues with our
wireless controller after updating to the latest supported firmware
version, I am being asked to split up auth and accounting to two
separate servers to get things resolved. The issue I am having is a timeout
issue which we have not seen before.  I have included a redacted part of my
config that I am wondering if I have edited correctly.

I need to remove all the accounting input from the auth server, and just
have it do auth. Here is what it currently is, and at the bottom what I
think it should be. Would appreciate any and all answers.

<AuthBy SQL>
Identifier Cisco
DBSource        dbi:mysql:radiator:x.x.x.x:3306
DBUsername      xxxxxx
DBAuth          xxxxxx
AuthSelect select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME=%0
AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
AcctColumnDef TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
AcctColumnDef NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
AcctColumnDef FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
AcctFailedLogFileName /etc/radiator/missedaccounting
SQLRecoveryFile /etc/radiator/missedaccounting
<SessionDatabase SQL>
Identifier radiator
DBSource        dbi:mysql:radiator:x.x.x.x:3306
DBUsername      xxxxxx
DBAuth          xxxxxx
AddQuery insert into RADONLINE (USERNAME, ACCTSESSIONID, TIME_STAMP,
FRAMEDIPADDRESS) values ('%u', %3, %{Timestamp}, '%{Framed-IP-Address}')
</SessionDataBase>
   </AuthBy>

  <Handler Client-Identifier = 5520-02>
        SessionDatabase radiator
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
        AuthBy Cisco
</Handler>

Moded for auth only

--

Gabe Carmichael
Device Management/Network/Voip Administrator