[RADIATOR] (no subject)

Greg Haverkamp gahaverkamp at lbl.gov
Mon May 22 06:37:58 UTC 2023

Hello.
I'm attempting to call a fairly simple (but non-modifiable) restful API by
means of AuthBy REST, and I cannot seem to make sense of how I should act
upon the response it gives.

I get a JSON response that looks something like this:
{
"version": "LinOTP 2.11.2",
"jsonrpc": "2.0802",
"result": {
   "status": true,
   "value": false
},
"id": 0
}

I've been using a slightly modified AuthBy URL four years. However, with
the upgrade I'm working on, I figured I would change to an asynchronous
client (and eliminate the server farm we created in order to deal with the
slowness of those asynchronous calls). I haven't found much in the
reference manual or in goodies to really explain in detail how to use this.
I've been through Heikki's email from this year old thread (
https://www.mail-archive.com/radiator@lists.open.com.au/msg01059.html) but
at this point I can't tell if I'm screwing up when there is something like
the camp landmass. Not applying because of my JSON hierarchy (the result,
result.value) not being flat.

I've also been trying MapResponseHook, but the documentation on that is,
shall we say, spartan. I just figured it might get the server response into
a place where I could access it via AuthBy internal or a post auth hook,
maybe that's what's required.

Does someone have an example of how to use this with JSON going back in
response?

Greg