[RADIATOR] RadSec proxy ?

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at globalconnect.se
Wed Dec 20 09:48:14 UTC 2023

Hi,

This might no longer be correct but a few versions back I tried to do like the following
Client Radius Host -> RadSec -> Radius Proxy -> RadSec -> Inner Radius Host -> auth check

The data received by the “Inner Radius Host” were totally corrupted for some reason and the only way I could resolve this was to disable RadSec completely, I tried debugging step by step and each step by itself(using radpwtst) showed the correct information in the end(Inner Radius Host) but when I tried from the start host(Client Radius Host) the information in the radius package were corrupted when I looked at the debug4 output in the Inner Radius Host. I tried both SCTP and TLS but both showed the same issue.
The corruption showed up as wrong VSA’s being used or the actual data(username/password and the sort) were corrupted completely a.k.a. being totally scrambled.
All these hosts run Radiator.

Is this setup unsupported and is in fact working as intended or have I hit some sort of bug ?

As I said I haven’t tried this in the recent versions .. last I tried was 4.25 I think..

---
Best Regards,
Patrik