[RADIATOR] Fwd: An update to a dictionary

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Sun Apr 30 12:12:42 UTC 2023

On 16.3.2023 10.43, Stefan Paetow (OpenSource) via radiator wrote:

> Now that people are messing about with OpenRoaming, I've discovered an
> attribute that is currently not covered by dictionaries. I suggest
> you update the entries in the dictionary for the Wi-Fi Alliance
> (vendor 40808) to add this:
>
> VENDORATTR WFA-HS20-Roaming-Consortium 6 string
>
> I found a reference to this at
> https://wiki.geant.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=133763844
>
> Apparently the Wi-Fi Alliance are notoriously protective of their
> RADIUS dictionary, so unless someone has $50,000 to spend on becoming
> a member, we're out of luck.

Thanks! I did some further searching and found the following attributes
and one new value for WFA-HS20-AP-Version:

VENDORATTR  40808    WFA-HS20-Terms-And-Conditions-Filename   7  string
VENDORATTR  40808    WFA-HS20-Terms-And-Conditions-Timestamp  8  integer
VENDORATTR  40808    WFA-HS20-Terms-And-Conditions-Filtering  9  binary
VENDORATTR  40808    WFA-HS20-Terms-And-Conditions-Server-URL 10 string

VALUE   WFA-HS20-AP-Version        Release-3    2

The attribute numbers and types are based on wpa_supplicant source and
how it uses them. The names are my best guess on what they might be
because wpa_supplicant doesn't use dictionary names (or types) for these
attributes.

It also seems that we can now expect to see WFA-HS20-AP-Version with a
new value '2' to indicate Passpoint release 3 support.

wpa_supplicant hints that T-C-Timestamp can be a Unix timestamp, but it
can be some other 32 bit integer value too. T-C-Filtering appears to be
four octets. The above may need some updates and clarifications but the
definitions should already be helpful.

--
Heikki Vatiainen
OSC, makers of Radiator