[RADIATOR] strange PEAP problems

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Tue May 20 07:55:45 CDT 2014

I'm having a very strange PEAP problem that I hope someone on this list can inject some clue into.

In some cases, PEAP setup times out with:

EAP TLS error: -1, 1, 8466,  2243: 1 - error:140A1159:SSL routines:SSL_BYTES_TO_CIPHER_LIST:scsv received when renegotiating

In other cases, everything works just fine.

It seems to always work with a small number (1) of intermediate RADIUS proxies in between the originating RADIUS client and the server with the problems, but always fail with more proxies in between. It doesn't matter if the server-to-server protocol is RADIUS or RADSEC.

PEAP backend is <AuthBy SQL> if that makes any difference.

	jakob