[RADIATOR] PEAP authentication errors

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jan 29 07:02:13 CST 2014

On 01/29/2014 01:53 AM, Jeff Lee wrote:

> I'm having issues with authenticating PEAP requests, and I'm not sure
> what is the issue.
> Could someone shed some light… ?

Problem with verify_locations might be caused by missing CA certificate.
Have you checked if
EAPTLS_CAFile %D/certificates/AddTrustExternalCARoot.pem

really exists? Also, is the error message below complete? When I try
with a missing certificate, there are additional lines like below:

Wed Jan 29 14:54:42 2014: ERR: TLS could not load_verify_locations
./certificates/demoCA/cacert.pem, :  4707: 1 - error:25066067:DSO
support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library
 4707: 2 - error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load
the shared library
 4707: 3 - error:260B6084:engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:dso not found
 4707: 4 - error:2606A074:engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:no such engine
 4707: 5 - error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
 4707: 6 - error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file
 4707: 7 - error:0B084002:x509 certificate
routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib

Also note that the name of missing file is shown after
load_verify_locations but that might be caused by different OpenSSL and
Net-SSLEeay versions.

I would first check if the CA cert exists and is readable.

Thanks,
Heikki