[RADIATOR] Cisco NX-OS TACACS+ problems

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Feb 6 16:11:46 CST 2014

On 10/11/2013 11:38 AM, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

> our switching guys reported that their Cisco Nexus switches running
> NX-OS log that their can't reach the tacacs servers. This is what the
> troubleshooting brought up:
>
> 2013 Oct 11 08:47:37.061 sgv20s %TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All
> servers failed to respond

Returning to the subject with new information. This problem was seen by
others too and this time a fix seems to be found.

The bug appears to be CSCtz32293 and is corrected in 5.2(1)N1(5). The
upgrade was done to 5.2(1)N1(6) which shows no problems.

A similar looking problem is also described here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk59/technologies_tech_note09186a0080c17808.shtml

I'm not sure if this relates to Steve's problem but looks exactly what
Alexander was seeing.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.