[RADIATOR] EAPBALANCE and multiple RADIATOR proxies.

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Tue May 14 18:49:56 CDT 2013

It appears that you can't chain RADIATOR servers that are using EAPBALANCE.

I have been running into issues with eduroam users not being able to connect at off campus locations and the issue seems to be result of the eduroam TLRS trying to use EAPBALANCE to spread the load between my two RADIUS servers, which are using EAPBALANCE to spread the load between multiple local processes.

The problem is that either the NAS or RADIUS servers at the remote site do not return the State attribute, or that since there is only one state attribute allowed in a Access-Challenge that it confuses the servers running EAPBALANCE.

-Neil

--
Neil Johnson
Network Engineer