[RADIATOR] AuthRADSEC and radsecproxy are incompatible!

Karl Gaissmaier karl.gaissmaier at uni-ulm.de
Sun Jul 14 16:18:19 CDT 2013

Hi radiator team,

I looked over the radsecproxy sources and sorry to say it:

*Currently the radsecproxy and AuthRADSEC are incompatible!*

Whenever radsecproxy *generates* a reply message (Access-Reject or
Access-Accept on Satus-Server) it never copies the Proxy-State
Attribute from the request packet to the reply packet.

The only shortcoming solution as far as I see is, we need a
'UseExtendedIds' in Radiator not only for AuthRADIUS but also for
AuthRADSEC with a warning, never to use it when proxying to a
radsecproxy.

Sorry for the bad news.

Maybe someone can trigger the authors of radsecproxy too, to start
implementing Proxy-State RFC 2865 conform when *generating* responses.
Seems it makes everthing right on proxying but not on generating
packets.

Best Regards
    Charly

--