[RADIATOR] Qos-Metering-Profile-Name and SessionDatabase

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jul 11 06:40:13 CDT 2012

On 07/11/2012 02:31 PM, Ian Mordey wrote:

> nnel-Client-Auth-ID}','%{Tunnel-Server-Auth-ID}','%{Qos-Metering-Profile-Name}')

Use RB-QoS-Metering-Profile-Name. Note the spelling and case must match
exactly.

> '2433001298', 'Virtual', NOW(),'wbc50','Eeyore','')':

> From a tcpdump I can see the attribute as
> AVP: l=24  t=Vendor-Specific(26) v=Redback(2352)
> VSA: l=18 t=Qos-Metering-Profile-Name(88): 8MB-RATE-LIMIT-M
> Qos-Metering-Profile-Name: 8MB-RATE-LIMIT-M
>
> Anyone know how I can get this  information into my session Db?

It should work once you fix the name. To see what name Radiator expects,
you need to see Radiator's dictionary.

% grep -i Qos-Metering-Profile-Name dictionary
VENDORATTR   2352       RB-QoS-Metering-Profile-Name    88      string

The problem is with the attribute having different name in dictionary
than you are expecting. The names are just for us human, they can vary
between dictionaries, and often do, but the important part is the vendir
id and type.

The best thing to get the names right is to see Trace 4 output and get
the attribute name from there.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.