[RADIATOR] Chap challenge in AuthBy EXTERNAL

Mark Green yakuman77 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:34:36 CST 2012

Hello,

I'm using an external command to authenticate users with <AuthBy EXTERNAL>.

I've implemented PAP and CHAP.

I've a problem with CHAP. If the NAS sends CHAP-Challenge I have no problem.
But some ciscos send only CHAP-Password.

How can I get the CHAP challenge in this case?

In AuthGeneric.pm i read these lines

# The challenge is sent by the client in CHAP-Challenge.
# If that is not set, the challenge is in the authenticator
$challenge = $p->getAttrByNum($Radius::Radius::CHAP_CHALLENGE);
$challenge = $p->authenticator unless defined $challenge;

What is authenticator? How can I read this value in AuthBy EXTERNAL?